Pesto Chicken Bruschetta
Makes 4 servings.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp. garlic, coarsely chopped, divided
- 8 slices sourdough bread, cut diagonally 1/4” thick
- 1/2 cup Asiago cheese, grated
- 2 Tbsp. prepared pesto
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 4 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless
- 12 slices (about 8 oz.) Monterey Jack cheese, sliced 1/4” thick
- 2 tomatoes, each cut into 4 slices
In a 10 inch skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon garlic. Add 4 slices bread. Cook over medium-high heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until toasted, turning once. Remove from pan. Add remaining oil and garlic; repeat toasting process with remaining bread slices. Sprinkle 1/4 cup Asiago cheese on bread. In same skillet, combine pesto and pepper. Add chicken, coating with pesto. Cook over medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes, or until chicken is brown, turning once. Place 3 slices Monterey Jack cheese on each bread slice; top with tomato slice. Slice chicken pieces in half horizontally. Place on tomato; sprinkle with remaining Asiago cheese.