Rustic Asiago Chicken Portobello Skillet
Makes 6 servings.
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 c. onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3-4 medium Portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1-1/4 c. very hot water
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1/4 c. sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped (not packed in oil)
- 2 c. cooked chicken, diced
- 2 c. cooked orzo (or other tiny pasta)
- 2 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 1 c. Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 6 oz. Asiago cheese, shaved
In a large 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add onion and garlic, and sauté 2 minutes. Add mushrooms to pan, stir and sauté for 3 more minutes. In a small bowl, combine water, vinegar, bouillon cube and sun dried tomatoes, stirring until bouillon cube is dissolved. Add this mixture to skillet.
Stir in chicken and cooked orzo. Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 to 6 minutes until excess liquid is thickened. Stir in basil, Mozzarella cheese and plum tomatoes. Heat through an additional 2 minutes.
Garnish each serving with shavings of Asiago cheese. Serve immediately