Salsa with Corn & Feta
Makes 8-10 servings.
- 1 can (8-3/4 oz.) corn, drained
- 2 cans (15 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup pear tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tsp. Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
- 1 pkg. (4 oz.) feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted, coarsely chopped
- Corn chips and red, green and yellow bell pepper, chunked for accompaniment
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except feta cheese, walnuts and accompaniments. Cover and let stand for 1 hour to let flavors blend (or refrigerate and bring to almost room temperature to serve).
Add the feta cheese and walnuts; lightly stir before serving.
Serve with corn chips and red, green and yellow bell pepper chunks.