Shrimp and Olive Pasta with Parmesan Cheese
Makes 10 servings.
- 1 lb. large raw shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1/4 c. olive oil, divided
- 1-1/2 c. onions, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 16-oz. can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 c. fresh asparagus, diced
- 1/3 c. dry white wine
- 1 c. black olives, halved
- 1 lb. rotini pasta, cooked and drained
- 1-1/2 c. (6 oz.) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 c. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 c. fresh basil, julienned
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
In large skillet over medium heat, cook shrimp in 2 tablespoons of oil for about 3 minutes or until opaque, stirring often. Remove shrimp from skillet; set aside.
In same skillet, cook onions and garlic in remaining oil for 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, asparagus and wine; heat to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer for 5 minutes. Add cooked shrimp and olives; heat through.
In large bowl, gently combine pasta, shrimp-vegetable mixture, Parmesan Cheese, parsley, basil, salt and pepper. Serve immediately. Refrigerate leftovers.