Shrimp & Colby Jack Fajitas
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 red and/or green peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice (juice of 1 lemon)
- 1 Tbsp. fajita seasoning, or to taste
- 10-12 slices (about 10 oz.) County Line® Colby Jack cheese
- 10-12 flour tortillas, fajita size
- Lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, sour cream and guacamole (optional)
In a large skillet over medium high heat, cook the onions and olive oil for 4 to 5 minutes or until the onions are transparent, stirring often. Add the peppers and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes, until the peppers become tender. Stir in the shrimp and cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until the shrimp are cooked through. Add the lemon juice and fajita seasoning, stirring well. Assemble the fajitas by placing a slice of Colby Jack cheese on a warm tortilla, then topping with the shrimp mixture and choice of condiments.
*One pound of chicken, cut into strips, may be substituted for the shrimp.