Steak with Gorgonzola Thyme Crust
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 beef tenderloin or small rib eye steaks (about 6 oz. each), cut 3/4-inch thick
- 1 large or 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme, chopped, or 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 cup gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
Preheat broiler. Spoon Worcestershire sauce over both sides of the steaks and let stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle garlic and pepper over steaks.
Place steaks on rack or broiler pan. Broil 3 to 4 inches from heat source 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium rare steak.
Remove pan from broiler. Sprinkle thyme, then cheese over steaks. Return to oven and broil 2 minutes, or until the cheese is golden brown.