Stilton and Apple Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
Makes 4 servings.
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 1 lb)
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 large cooking apple, such as Braeburn, cut into 1/2" pieces (about 1 c.)
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped celery
- 1/4 c. chopped pecans
- 3/4 c. corn bread stuffing crumbs
- 1 c. Ilchester® White Stilton cheese, crumbled, divided
Preheat oven to 425° F. Cut almost all the way through tenderloin lengthwise. Spread apart and flatten with hands. Set aside.
Melt butter in medium skillet. Add apple, onion and celery; cook and stir 3 minutes, or until apple and vegetables arecrisp-tender. Remove from heat. Add pecans, stuffing crumbs and half of the cheese; mix well.
Place tenderloin in shallow roasting pan, cut side up. Spoon stuffing mixture over the tenderloin. Press stuffing lightly to hold in place. Bake 25 minutes, or until meat thermometer reaches 160° F when inserted into center of tenderloin and stuffing. Sprinkle remaining cheese over stuffing. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
* To prevent stuffing from getting dark, place small piece of foil over stuffing during last 10 minutes in oven.