Sweet Hot Hawaiian Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Makes 4 Sandwiches.
- 4 Tbsp. usalted butter, softened and divided
- 8 slices French bread, cut 1/2” thick
- 4 tsp. Hawaiian honey mustard
- 4 slices deli Black Forest ham
- Great Midwest® Mango Fire Cheddar cheese, thickly sliced
- 1 c. canned pineapple chunks, drained and patted dry
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in the skillet.
Spread 2 tablespoons softened butter on one side of each slice of bread. Turn over 4 slices of bread and spread unbuttered sides with Hawaiian honey mustard. Place buttered side down into skillet and top with ham, cheese and pineapple chunks. Cover with the remaining 4 bread slices, buttered sides facing out. Cook until golden on the bottom, about 2-1/2 minutes. Lift the sandwich up and add the remaining one tablespoon of butter to the skillet. Flip the sandwich cooked side up and return to skillet, cooking until the cheese has melted and the bread is golden brown, about 1-1/2 minutes. Remove from heat and serve.