The Ultimate Spicy/Cool Combo Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Makes 1 Sandwich.
- 3 oz. Great Midwest® Jalapeño Jack cheese, shredded
- 3 oz. Great Midwest® Chipotle Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 Tbsp. cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp. sour cream
- 3-4 gypsy peppers, finely diced
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Sriracha sauce, to taste (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. European salted butter, divided
- 2 slices mild sourdough bread
In a medium bowl, combine the shredded Jalapeño Jack cheese and Chipotle Cheddar cheese. Add the cream cheese, sour cream, gypsy peppers, salt, pepper and sriracha sauce (optional). Mix thoroughly.
Turn pan to medium-high heat; butter pan. Spread cheese mixture on bread and place on grill, covering with second piece of bread. Place a weighted pan or tin-foil wrapped brick on top of sandwich to add pressure and facilitate thorough grilling. After 3-4 minutes, remove sandwich and add remaining butter to pan. Flip sandwich over into pan and re-apply brick. Remove from heat and serve.
*For added flavor, add 1 ounce of shredded Jalapeño Jack cheese to the butter in the pan to build a crispy cheese crust on the sandwich.