Snowfields™ Butterkäse-Style Winter Seasonal Milk Cheese
Snowfields™ is a seasonal cheese produced using a German/Austrian style of cheesemaking. As a result, there is an anticipated amount of rich, buttery flavors that shine through at six months of age. This savory Butterkäse melts in your mouth, with a pleasant lingering effect unlike any other cheese.
Saxon® Homestead Farm crafts Snowfields™ using their dairy herd’s wintertime milk. This is significant because when Mother Nature blankets the fields of Eastern Wisconsin with her snow for several months each year, the animals are prevented from eating their summertime diet of fresh grasses. This in turn leads to stored up protein and fat in the milk, resulting in a dense, nutty personality that shines in sandwiches.
- Great for snacking with fresh apples or grapes coupled with peppery water crackers for an added kick
- Perfectly suited for a honey smoked ham, dill pickle and stone-ground mustard sandwich
- Generously melt over hearty vegetable or meat dishes
- Sauvignon Blanc
- 1st: 2015 United States Championship Cheese Contest
- 2nd: 2014 World Championship Cheese Contest
Available in these Sizes
Snowfields™ Wedge | 7-9 oz. (random weight)
Snowfields™ Wheel | 11.9 lbs. (random weight)