Gorgonzola cheese features a pleasantly mellow but tangy flavor that is frequently described as “earthy”. This Italian-style cheese is named after the town of Gorgonzola located in the Po Valley near Milan, Italy. It is noticeably creamier than traditional blue cheese, making it the perfect addition to mashed potatoes. Stella® Gorgonzola cheese can also be used to easily add a robust flavor to grilled meats and salads.
Stuff green olives with Gorgonzola and serve in pre-diner aperitifs or close out a meal with sliced Stella® Gorgonzola cheese served with water crackers and pear slices for something a little different. With this award-winning cheese, the possibilities are endless!
- Serve wedges with sliced pears and toasted walnuts
- Mix with sour cream as a dip for bread sticks and fresh vegetables
- Serve after dinner with red grapes
- Sprinkle over a Bibb lettuce salad and top with croutons
- Pinot Noir
- Late Harvest Riesling
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Brown Ale
- Bronze: 2012 World Cheese Awards
Available in these Sizes
For more information, visit www.stellacheese.com.